Government Tort: Dangerous Conditions of Public Property
- Represented Los Angeles County against more than a dozen different ocean diving quadriplegic cases over a period of years. All plaintiffs alleged they were lulled into believing it was safe to dive head-first into the ocean at beaches along the Southern California Coast.
- Each case involved alleged failures to warn about dangerous conditions of the public beaches and jetties involved in the accidents. Each case triggered special immunity and liability defenses, such Natural Condition Immunity, Trail Immunity and Discretionary Immunity.
- Several cases were tried to defense verdicts. The appellate decision which eventually affirmed the first trial verdict facilitated a series of additional Summary Judgment defense verdicts.
- Represented the City of Newport Beach against a quadriplegic injury case involving ocean diving. The case was tried to a defense verdict.
- Represented Los Angeles County against a brain damage dangerous condition case arising from an accident allegedly caused by poor County maintenance of a bicycling trail and tunnel. The case resulted in a defense verdict at trial.
- Represented a woman against a City in Los Angeles for an allegedly dangerous street design which caused a car vs. pedestrian crosswalk accident and serious personal injuries. The case was favorably settled.
- Represented a brain damaged child against L.A. Unified School District to a student caused by failure to properly supervise during recess. Plaintiff prevailed at trial.
- Represented Los Angeles County against a variety of dangerous condition and failure to warn claims pertaining to properties along and near the coast in Malibu. All cases were favorably settled.