- Represented major residential insurer for years against numerous policy holder claims of bad faith. All claims were dismissed without payment of bad faith damages or any finding of bad faith or other liability.
- Represented various individuals against their insurers alleging breaches of contract and/or bad faith. Some cases were dismissed on Motions for Summary Judgment. Most cases were favorably settled.
- Represented both insurers and policy holders (public entities and private consumers) regarding their rights and/or potential liability under various kinds of insurance policies. These consultations did not involve litigation.
- Represented a variety of insurers and policyholders with respect to “Examinations under Oath” which were taken pursuant to the provisions of the involved Homeowners Insurance policies. These “EUO’s” were taken to assess the truthfulness of the policyholder claims of property losses allegedly covered by their insurance policies.
- Represented policy holders asserting claims for covered property damage which were denied by their carriers. Most claims were favorably settled.
- Represented a major life insurance company in a bad faith claim. The case was dismissed following a trial, based upon demonstrated material misrepresentations in the application.
- Represented the Los Angeles Metropolitan Transportation Authority in negotiations with Lloyds of London regarding ongoing construction practices and tunneling risks affecting the underwriter’s assessment of policy risks and premiums. All coverage issues were negotiated and favorably resolved.