Public Construction Contracting Claims
- Represented Los Angeles County against a major public construction contractor alleged to have caused damage to private structures in violation of their contractual obligations. The case was favorably settled.
- Represented Los Angeles County against another major public construction contractor in defense of breach of contract claims and in support of cross complaints alleging False Claims by the contractor.
- The first case resulted in a defense verdict on the contractor breach claims and a finding of multiple False Claims. On retrial after an appeal, the case again resulted in a finding of False Claims by the contractor.
- Represented Caltrans against a public construction contractor in a dispute involving public construction contract bidding disputes. The case was ultimately resolved by the parties internally.
- Represented a City in Northern California against a major public construction contractor involving alleged breaches of an airport public construction contract. With our recommendations, the case was ultimately litigated by a local firm, and then settled.